Gender Equity & Economic Security
It Only Takes Two Minutes!
AAUW provides all the tools you need to call or send messages to your members of Congress, contact your state legislators about pressing issues, and more.
by clicking on the logo below.
If you have a personal PayPal account, donations can be made using the PayPal Giving Fund. Donations via the PayPal Giving Fund will go to our Projects Fund to support our fundraising goals. Please click on the AAUW Funds link in the right-hand column to learn more about our branch’s scholarship opportunities for women and girls. Note: Donating via the PayPal Giving Fund will require you to have a personal PayPal account. You will need to enter your personal PayPal ID and password into the PayPal page which comes up after setting an amount and selecting ‘Donate’ on the Giving Fund page.
Important notice to NETC Branch members: Payments for operating expenses like membership dues, other member’s project expenses like pansies, or for any other ‘specific’ reasons cannot be submitted using this ‘Donate Now’ button (above).
Click on the link above for an application to apply.
Dental Hygiene Scholarship
Mary Cinatl, Committee Chair
This year’s scholarship recipients, Stephanie, and Rosalinda, are settling into their first semester in the Dental Hygiene Program while last year’s scholarship recipients, Rebecca and Miriam, are beginning their second year of the program. We wish all four young women a great year of academic and personal learning.
North District Branches Meeting Report
Congratulations to the NEW OFFICERS!
Presidents: Paula Jernigan and Faye Beaulieu
Program VPs: Shelly Lemman and Diane Siegel
Membership VP: Mary Cinatl
Funds VPs: Pat Cheong and Cathy Patrick
Secretary: Susie Stonecipher
Finance VPs: Judy Hankins and Teri Wardrup
A special note of appreciation for the unseen hours spent by officers, chairpersons and members who have made our Northeast Tarrant County Branch such an AMAZING organization involved in making the world a better place. Thank you! Carol and Margaret
AAUW SHINING STAR
We celebrated Paula Jernigan 2022
and Jerrilyn Woodard-Entrekin 2023,
our 2022 and 2023 Shining Stars
on April 27 at the Colleyville Center!
NETC STRATEGIC PLAN 2021-2022
To accomplish the AAUW vision and mission, the NETC branch establishes the following Strategic Plan for 2021-2022:
• Provide branch programs, fundraising projects, and events that support the AAUW mission of advancing gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy.
• Provide training, encouragement, and communication to ensure branch members are equipped to participate in a safe meeting environment at a successful level.
• Demonstrate an active membership of at least 100 members by June 2022.
• Explore and actively cultivate relationships with other women’s organizations in our community for the purpose of mutually supporting one another’s efforts to promote awareness and action where our missions align.
• Provide up to two (2) college students a $1,000 scholarship to the 2022 AAUW National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL).
• Provide up to two (2) KEYS High School graduates a $1,000 scholarship through the Georgeann Gallian KEYS Scholarship program in 2022. NETC Branch members will continue to actively support all students and faculty at KEYS High School.
• Provide up to two (2) students enrolled in the 2021-2022 Dental Hygiene Program at Tarrant County College Northeast Campus a $1,000 scholarship. Also provide $500 each for up to two (2) students to cover the partial cost of the required dental kits.
• Review of the appropriate use of $2,000 scholarship funds appropriated in the 2021-2022 budget by the chairs of the three scholarship committees who will then make a recommendation to the Board of Directors for their review and approval.
• Explore ways to work with HEB ISD to determine what the needs of ‘tween and teen girls are following the trauma of Covid-19 and how best our branch can serve them on their path to successful high school and post-secondary educational attainment. This will include a re-examination of our existing Full STEAM Ahead program to see if it is still the best model for this work, given the current circumstances.
• Support of the AAUW Greatest Needs Fund at the $3000 level.
• Increase Legacy Circle Membership by 10% by June 2022.
• Serve as co-hosts with North Texas Branches at the Texas Conference to be held at the Hurst Conference Center, Hurst, Texas, April 29-30, 2022. NETC will provide co- chairs and volunteers for the Local Arrangements Committee (LAC).
• Explore ways our branch can continue to participate in the AAUW Five-Star National Recognition Program.
Branch Legacy Circle Members
Front Row: Rosemary Jobe, Polly Post, Mimi Nimocks, Jackie Littleton, Gloria Long, Cheri Butler Martha Ragsdale, Jean Dodds, Paula Jernigan
Back Row: Margaret Martin, Dixie Christian, Ilze Kalnajs, Mary Ann Goetz, Diane Siegel, Ginny Phoenix, Pat Cheong, Pat Lucas
Branch members and community leaders honored the legacy of Georgia Kidwell, branch founder and long-time community advocate, at a requiem mass at St. Vincent’s Cathedral in Bedford.
WE WELCOME GUESTS!!!
Come join us!!!
AAUW Northeast Tarrant County Branch
AAUW Texas http://aauw-tx.aauw.net
AAUW Interbranch http://northtexas-ibc.aauw.net/
AAUW Website http://www.aauw.org/
AAUW Blog http://blog-aauw.org is a lively place to read about and discuss issues of the day.
AAUW on Twitter Log on or sign up for a Twitter account and start following AAUW members from around the nation to hear the latest AAUW and public policy news.
AAUW on Facebook Join AAUW on Facebook. “Like” the AAUW national, Texas, or NETC page!