Gender Equity & Economic Security
It Only Takes Two Minutes!
AAUW provides all the tools you need to call or send messages to your members of Congress, contact your state legislators about pressing issues, and more.
by clicking on the logo below.
If you have a personal PayPal account, donations can be made using the PayPal Giving Fund. Donations via the PayPal Giving Fund will go to our Projects Fund to support our fundraising goals. Please click on the AAUW Funds link in the right-hand column to learn more about our branch’s scholarship opportunities for women and girls. Note: Donating via the PayPal Giving Fund will require you to have a personal PayPal account. You will need to enter your personal PayPal ID and password into the PayPal page which comes up after setting an amount and selecting ‘Donate’ on the Giving Fund page.
Important notice to NETC Branch members: Payments for operating expenses like membership dues, other member’s project expenses like pansies, or for any other ‘specific’ reasons cannot be submitted using this ‘Donate Now’ button (above).
Calendar of Events
May 11 Book Clubbies 9:30 a.m.
May 12 First Bridge 2:00 p.m.
May 12 Officer Installation 6:00 p.m.
May 13 Friday Movie
May 19 Lit Group 2:00 p.m.
May 24 Tuesday Movie
May 26 Second Bridge 2:00 p.m.
June 8 Book Clubbies 9:30 a.m.
June 9 First Bridge 2:00 p.m.
June 10 Friday Movie
June 16 Lit Group 2:00 p.m.
June 23 Second Bridge 2:00 p.m.
June 28 Tuesday Movie
Application Information for the AAUW-Northeast Tarrant County Branch Georgeann Gallian Scholarship 2020-21 Academic Year
Click on the link above for an application to apply.
Congratulations to the NEW OFFICERS!
Presidents: Paula Jernigan and Faye Beaulieu
Program VPs: Cheri Butler and Chasity Crawley
Membership VPs: Jerrilyn Woodard-Entrekin and Kimberley Carpenter
Funds VPs: Ellen Jones and Pat Cheong
Secretary: Ilze Kalnajs
Finance VPs: Cheryl Dale and Alice Logan
A special note of appreciation for the unseen hours spent by officers, chairpersons and members who have made our Northeast Tarrant County Branch such an AMAZING organization involved in making the world a better place. Thank you! Carol and Margaret
Our AAUW-NETC Branch Shining Star for 2021
Our 2021 Named Gift Honorees:
The Cares and Concerns Team
Penny Yarbrough, Chair
Mary Ann Goetz
NETC STRATEGIC PLAN 2021-2022
To accomplish the AAUW vision and mission, the NETC branch establishes the following Strategic Plan for 2021-2022:
• Provide branch programs, fundraising projects, and events that support the AAUW mission of advancing gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy.
• Provide training, encouragement, and communication to ensure branch members are equipped to participate in a safe meeting environment at a successful level.
• Demonstrate an active membership of at least 100 members by June 2022.
• Explore and actively cultivate relationships with other women’s organizations in our community for the purpose of mutually supporting one another’s efforts to promote awareness and action where our missions align.
• Provide up to two (2) college students a $1,000 scholarship to the 2022 AAUW National Conference for College Women Student Leaders (NCCWSL).
• Provide up to two (2) KEYS High School graduates a $1,000 scholarship through the Georgeann Gallian KEYS Scholarship program in 2022. NETC Branch members will continue to actively support all students and faculty at KEYS High School.
• Provide up to two (2) students enrolled in the 2021-2022 Dental Hygiene Program at Tarrant County College Northeast Campus a $1,000 scholarship. Also provide $500 each for up to two (2) students to cover the partial cost of the required dental kits.
• Review of the appropriate use of $2,000 scholarship funds appropriated in the 2021-2022 budget by the chairs of the three scholarship committees who will then make a recommendation to the Board of Directors for their review and approval.
• Explore ways to work with HEB ISD to determine what the needs of ‘tween and teen girls are following the trauma of Covid-19 and how best our branch can serve them on their path to successful high school and post-secondary educational attainment. This will include a re-examination of our existing Full STEAM Ahead program to see if it is still the best model for this work, given the current circumstances.
• Support of the AAUW Greatest Needs Fund at the $3000 level.
• Increase Legacy Circle Membership by 10% by June 2022.
• Serve as co-hosts with North Texas Branches at the Texas Conference to be held at the Hurst Conference Center, Hurst, Texas, April 29-30, 2022. NETC will provide co- chairs and volunteers for the Local Arrangements Committee (LAC).
• Explore ways our branch can continue to participate in the AAUW Five-Star National Recognition Program.
YEARBOOK NOW AVAILABLE!
Branch Legacy Circle Members
Cheri Butler, Martha Ragsdale, Anna Holzer, Pat Lucas, Meg Sprenkle, Ginny Phoenix, Jean Dodds, Mary Ann Goetz, Gloria Long, Pat Cheong, Dixie Christian, Polly Post and Lynn Doyle. Not pictured: Keith Dodds (our first mother/son duo), Rosemary Jobe, Margaret Martin, Martha Matthews, Lynn Millner, Mimi Nimocks, Diane Siegel.
Branch members and community leaders honored the legacy of Georgia Kidwell, branch founder and long-time community advocate, at a requiem mass at St. Vincent’s Cathedral in Bedford. Memorials to AAUW may be mailed to Ilze Kalnajs, branch treasurer. For obituary, click on link or copy and paste it into your browser.
WE WELCOME GUESTS!!!
Come join us!!!
AAUW Northeast Tarrant County Branch
AAUW Texas http://aauw-tx.aauw.net
AAUW Interbranch http://northtexas-ibc.aauw.net/
AAUW Website http://www.aauw.org/
AAUW Blog http://blog-aauw.org is a lively place to read about and discuss issues of the day.
AAUW on Twitter Log on or sign up for a Twitter account and start following AAUW members from around the nation to hear the latest AAUW and public policy news.
AAUW on Facebook Join AAUW on Facebook. “Like” the AAUW national, Texas, or NETC page!